T. McCall Stern ("McCall") is active in her community and has a passion for serving others. She practices predominately in the areas of estate planning, probate, corporate law and fiduciary litigation. In 2014, she started the law firm and Purposed Planning, a non-profit focused on supporting elders, veterans and caregivers and on promoting a collaborative approach to planning. McCall is also a mediator and has served as a Guardian ad Litem for children. She was recently selected by the Mississippi Business Journal for the 2015 Mississippi 50 Leading Business Women, as well as the top 40 Leaders in Law.
She received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Mississippi College School of Law, graduating Magna Cum Laude in the top 10% of her class. Prior to starting McCall Stern, PLLC, she worked at a law firm in Jackson, MS for approximately eight years. During that time, she gained integral legal experience in the areas of business and corporate law, litigation, tax, estate planning and probate. Prior to entering the legal profession, she worked as an independent contractor and consultant for various entities providing assistance with lobbying initiatives, legislative tracking, business development, public relations, membership growth and retention, accounting and management.
McCall has presented seminars on professional responsibility, elder care and estate planning. She is a member of various legal associations and presently serves as Membership Chairman and President Elect for the Flowood Rotary Club. She has previously served as President of the Friends of the Flowood Library Board of Directors, as a Troop Leader for Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi, and as a Rankin County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador and Elder Services Committee member.
- All Mississippi State Courts and Mississippi Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Oregon State University, B.S., Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts, magna cum laude
- Hinds Community College, A.A., Business, cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Flowood Rotary Club, Membership Chairman, President Elect
Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
American Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
◦ Sections - Estates and Trusts, Business Law, Alternate Dispute ResolutionFormer:
Friends of the Flowood Library, Board of Directors Past President
Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi, Troop Leader
Rankin County Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador, Elder Services Committee
YLD - Seminar Committee 2013-2014Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association 2013-2014
- "Estate Planning" panel presentation hosted by TMS Horizons and Southwest Community College, TMS Wealth Management Conference, September 2014
- “Working with Clients” panel presentation hosted by the Mississippi Bar, Young Lawyers Division, Bridge the Gap CLE, July 2014
- Paralegal Ethics for Mississippi Paralegal Association 2014 Spring Seminar
- MC School of Law 2015 Annual CLE Marathon
- "Mediation Mindset" and "Role of the Mediator" CLE at Mississippi College School of Law
- Various Seminars and speaking engagements on Legal Ethics, Elder Care and Estate Planning Issues.